Sharing files has been evolving since the start of the digital era. It has evolved from Floppy Disks, to CDs, to USB Flash drives, to Bluetooth, and more recently, Sharing apps. And before the turn of the new decade, one app has been highly praised for being an easy way to transfer flies. I’m talking about SHAREit – an app that makes transferring files a breeze. You might already know that SHAREit can be used for phone to phone, but what about smartphone to PC or PC to PC? It’s definitely possible.
So the question now is how do I use SHAREit on PC? Here’s how you can do it.
Downloading SHAREit for PC
Downloading SHAREit for PC is easy enough. There are many channels to download SHAREit. You can try to download SHAREit from these websites.
There are many ways that you can download it in case that the official website is down. Once you’ve downloaded the file, installing it is easy. Just follow the on-screen instructions and you’ll be sharing your files in no time!
Using SHAREit to Transfer from Phone to PC
I’m pretty sure that you’ve tried SHAREit before to transfer from phone to phone. But transferring from your smartphone to your PC might be something new to you. Essentially, transferring from phone to PC using SHAREit uses the same principles as transferring from phone to phone and PC to PC. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, open SHAREit on your phone and click on the options button in the upper right-hand corner
- Click on Connect to PC and SHAREit will start scanning for your PC.
- Now it’s time to go to your PC and open SHAREit there
- On your phone, you’ll see the PC pop up on the list of options. Select your PC name.
- SHAREit on your PC will ask you if you want to accept the incoming connection. Click on accept. If you’re going to be doing transfers between the two devices frequently, you can put a checkmark on the set as trusted device option.
- You’ll get a confirmation that you have successfully connected. You can start transferring from your phone or from your PC. Here’s how it looks like on my phone:
- Depending on what you’ll be transferring, you can click on any of the options on your phone. For me, I chose to transfer photos.
- Select the photos that you want to transfer and once you’re done selecting, tap on Next.
- Your transfer should start immediately. You can monitor the progress of the transfer on your PC. If it was successfully transferred, there would be a check mark. And an X mark if there was an error.
It’s that easy to do. And personally, I use this feature a lot because of my terrible wired internet connection and my fast LTE mobile connection. When I was trying to install WhatsApp on PC, I simply downloaded it through my phone and sent the installer through SHAREit.
Other Possible Transfers
When using SHAREit, you’re not stuck with just transferring from phone to PC, you have a lot of options available. You can transfer from PC to phone, wherein you just have to select the file from your PC and drag and drop. You can also transfer from PC to PC. The rule of thumb here is that if the two devices are on the same network, chances are you’ll be able to transfer to each other using SHAREit.
Explore the possibilities!
Where do my files go?
If you transfer to your PC, your files would usually go to C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\SHAREit. However, you might have set it up differently in the settings. For me it went to C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\SHAREit\<phone name>\photo.
For Android, it usually goes to Internal Storage\SHAREit or SD Card\SHAREit. But if you prefer to put the files elsewhere, it’s easy to modify in the settings.
However, you might encounter that SHAREit is not working for you. There might be an error that you’re receiving and the files are not pushing through at all. Don’t get frustrated if it’s not working as intended. Here’s how SHAREit works and it might explain why you’re having difficulties using the app.
How does SHAREit work?
SHAREit works by using Wi-Fi technology. For the PC app, you connect to the same Wi-Fi network and that’s how you initiate a transfer. For the phone apps, SHAREit uses a recent technology called Wi-Fi Direct. What it does is it creates a small Wi-Fi hotspot and that’s where the other device would connect to. To cut the technical explanation short, you create a tiny network between the two devices. Since it’s just the two devices that are connected, you can be sure that the transfer is safe and secure. It’s definitely a step up from Bluetooth where almost anyone can attempt to send files to your phone.
However, don’t think that you need two Wi-Fi direct capable devices to use SHAREit. In fact, only one device is required to have the Wi-Fi direct feature to work. So if ever that SHAREit doesn’t work, it might be that your phone or PC is not able to utilize the Wi-Fi Direct feature. Another cause of SHAREit not working is if your PC does not have Wi-Fi capabilities. If that’s the case, then you can use older transfer methods like Bluetooth or a USB cable.
SHAREit has definitely made it easy to transfer files to and from PCs. With unparalleled speed and security, it’s one of the apps that you really have to have on your PC. Setting it up and using it is easy and within a few seconds, files that you want to transfer should be on your PC without any hiccups. Download SHAREit from the links above and be efficient in transferring your files – without any messy cables. Goodbye USB cables, hello SHAREit!
Did this article help you out? Let me know in the comments!